Friday, July 4, 2008

Oscar's Piano Bar at Malones (Tuesday Night)

So I know that I promised you all that I would bring my camera and get some photos and maybe even some video.  I lied.  We got to jammin' and before I knew it, the show was over.  So there are no pictures or video, but I know that my literary expertise will paint the picture so well that actual photos will not be necessary.


Oscar's is basically an upscale bar with a grand piano in the corner that has a bar wrapped around the outside.  Pauly was at the piano with Nathan on his right and me on his left.  The night was filled with great people and mellow tunes.  The volumes on everything were just right, every instrument could be heard and nobody was overpoweringly loud.  The style was perfect for the venue.  


Overall the crowd was great.  People were very willing to tip us for the entertainment, and truly enjoyed listening to us play.  There was one couple that got into a little fight, which was a little awkward because they were sitting at the piano bar.  I will be blogging about that here.  Overall it has been one of the best shows on the tour.


After the show we went to The Waffle House, which is your typical greasy spoon diner.  We all got breakfast and agreed that the food hit the spot.  As well, it put me to sleep for the trip home.

No comments: