Monday, July 7, 2008

Music You Haven't Heard

So I am ripping this idea off of this guy.  But I think that it is a good idea to highlight some good music that is out there.  However, I don't have a lot of time to find tons of new music that is not main stream, but I will do my best.

Five O'clock People:  For a long time this band found there way into my CD player.  Several years ago they broke up and went a few different directions.  Well they are now back and I finally received their latest CD Temper Temper.  Once again they seem to be finding themselves in my CD player.

Derek Webb:  Caedmon's Call has long been one of my favorite bands.  When Derek Webb left I was excited to hear what he would be doing.  At first I loved his work, then he sort of went a bit out there.  Musically it was still good, but lyrically it was angry and I just couldn't get into it.  Thanks to this site, I was able to get "The Ringing Bell", and I love it.  

Coldplay:  I know that you have all heard of Coldplay, but I never been a huge fan.  I think that all of their music sounded exactly the same.  A good first CD but then they wrote the same song for the next two albums.  (I know boo, how could I think that).  Then they decided, we need to make a change to show that we are good musicians and good writers.  I my mind they proved just that with their latest album "Viva La Vida."  I spent much of my time listening to this album in Kentucky and loved the music.  I am going to pick up this album sometime soon.

Kyle Ray


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five O'clock People is my favorite band! I don't know why, but I just love there music...I listened to them so much that I finally understood what they were saying...I have never been able to do that with any other band...

Anonymous said...

They were probably one of the most influential bands for me as a writer. I'm excited that they've finally come out with a new project. - NJE