Friday, July 4, 2008

Ophelia's Cup: The End

The show at Ophelia's Cup was a blast like we thought it would be.  We playing for about 2 hours, pulling out some songs we haven't played in a while (which at times was painfully obvious for me), and some new favorites.  The crowd was extremely friendly and engaging.  Plus as a bonus a good friend we met on our last trip to Olney drove around seven hours to see us play.  So we were able to spend a little time catching up.  On a sad note, Jay and Tracy are selling the coffee shop to move to where Tracy was raised.  We are hoping they decide to open another shop where ever they end up.  They are such great people I know they would be successful.  

After the show we loaded up the R.V. and drove a couple of hours into St. Louis, MO.  I was dropped off at a hotel so I could catch my flight today.  The others are going to be in total vacation mode for the rest of the trip, stopping by Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, and family along the way home.  My trip is almost over I am an hour away from boarding my last flight into Sacramento.  I am looking forward to playing some local shows and really buckle down and complete our full length album.

Kyle Ray

No comments: