Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Open Mic Night

If you were not at the last open mic at Basement Wines you missed out on a great time. There were numerous incredibly talented musicians who came out to share their talents with any who would listen. I am terrible with names so I won't even try, but the we started of the night with a couple of tunes and were followed by a country duo. They consisted of guitar/singer and a dobro player. The singer had been there a few weeks ago and I was excited to hear him play again. I was not disappointed in the least bit. He plays an old time country style which the dobro fit in perfectly. Next Bill got up to play and he can play the guitar remarkably well. The night also featured a guitar player, a girl singing some covers, an impromtu (sp?) blues jam, and then we closed the night off with a set of dance tunes.

I am super excited at how well the open mic is already doing. At our third week, we are already getting a name for a fun place to come and play, as well as a great place to listen to some truly incredible music. I hope that we can keep up the good times. So if you have not been able to make it out to the Open Mic Night at Basement Wines, you should.

Kyle Ray

p.s. next week I will remember to bring my camera and maybe even get some videos so you can see what you are missing.

No comments: