Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Jordan Emmans Band

OK everybody, you've got to check out my big brother's new album. I grew up playing guitar in Jordan's shadow; let me tell you, he's a munster and this new project is no exception! Some of you know that my oldest brother has been living out in South Korea for the last couple of years. Soon after he was out there, he met up with a kickin' Canadian bassist and a British drummer. Last year, when my other two brothers and I went out to South Korea to see Jordan and bum around in the East for a bit, I had the opportunity to play a show with these guys. They rocked!!! The enire bar was up and dancing.

Brave These Waters, the first of (hopefully) many projects to come, is a confluence of memorable melodies and meaningful lyrics. Straying from Jordan's folk roots, The Jordan Emmans Band comes across at times reminiscent of Jimmy Eat World ,or maybe even a lighter Foo Fighters. I've always loved my brothers consistent song-writing integrity. He's always spent a load of time wrestling with things before allowing the struggle to birth a new tune. Each song is a work of art, relevant and insightful. So go click on the title of this post and check out the four new tunes he's got posted on their myspace. And do me a favor, when you drop him a comment, let him know I said "hi."
Peace, hope and love-Nathan J. Emmans


"love is like a fire that'll burn your house down." -from "Feathers," off Brave These Waters

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, you're too kind! Seriously, I really appreciate the glowing review. Your new stuff is killer, by the way. Very Iron and Wine, and very, very good.

MillerTime said...

Hey Nate,

I checked out your brother's music. I liked the song Deep the best, I felt like the vocal had a cool Tom Petty type sound but with a little bit different style of music behind it. Good stuff.

-Jonathan

jw said...

Nathan,

Gidday!
I was real glad to catch the JEB a couple of times here in Gwangju in the last month. I lived in this city for a while several years ago, and so it's real nice to come back this year and find a real, live, recording and performing, high-quality rock band just enjoying doing its thing.
And yeah, we were all jumping around the place well before the end of the night. It was a great performance; and I just listened to the album a couple of times yesterday for the first time. It's class. It's nice having your brother in town here.
Only thing I'd comment about your post: I agree the bassist is "kickin'"... but the drummer in't no plain-pack ordnry type neither! I'm real glad that guy's still in town, too!
I'm really hoping these guys manage to get sweet job offers that'll bring them back to town and stay together... (I hope that's not too selfish...!)
Peace, happiness, and loud music!
j.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the drummer lets his hair down as well. I like that they all sing at some point as well. It's good, it's good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nathan... I am on a time limit at this Library in Damascus (side note, did you hitch through here?) but I am sad to find the sound not coming through... I don't have time to figure it out, but I would like to get some music from you and your brother when I get home.

peace.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.