Sunday, June 29, 2008

Zarb Brothers Annual Street Concert

This was the 6th Annual Street Concert and it was as fantastic as ever.  When Nathan Emmans and I were in the band Soapbox Symphony we had the great honor of playing the street concert three years on a row.  We were able to play with so many amazing musicians; people such as Tommy Emmanual, Matt Zarb, Pauly Zarb, Matt DeSpain, Chris Bradley, the list could go on for pages.  This year was not any different.  

This year there were 6 acts that played.  I will have to update this later when I get all the names but one amazing act was Nikki Gillis.  (She has a single at number 6 out in Australia).  Her manager is one of the Zarb Brothers so they were able to do some coordinating and bring her out for the street concert.  She plays a bit of mandolin and has a slight country edge to her music.  

Another musician that just blows my mind is Chris Bradley.  He is just a good old Kentucky boy that can play the electric guitar amazingly well.  As far as I know he does not do that much writing, though he does play with Pauly.  He has written one song that in my mind could very easily be a number 1 on the country charts.  The song is called "What a Wonderful Life" and it is beautiful.  I am going to try and get a copy of the song some how.  As far as I know he has never recorded the song.  If I can get it I will be sure to share the song with as many people as possible.  

Well the computer is about to die so I will have to continue this post later...

Kyle Ray

No comments: