Monday, June 23, 2008

Big Texan Steakhouse

So Texas is pretty fun. Shortly after getting into Amarillo, we went out to Big Texan Steakhouse; which, apparently, is "famous for steaks." They say if you can eat a 72 ounce steak along with all its' accouterments (baked potato, four breaded shrimp, side salad and a roll) inside an hour, it's free. Otherwise it'll run you $72. So Dave (Jess' Dad) told me if I didn't try it I was "all hat and no cattle." He's always saying strange things like that. A couple of kids from Sacramento were trying it when we were getting ready to leave. They had about fifteen minutes left and it looked like they hadn't even started. The normal sized steak I had was awesome though. Hope all is well with ya'll (a little Texas slipping in you know). We're playing a hip little club called The 806 tonight. I'll tell you how it went later.

Peace, hope and love- Nathan J. Emmans

2 comments:

Kyle Ray said...

I might be wrong, but that has got to be the worst cut and grade of beef you can get. Dollar an ounce at a steak house? Does not sound good to me. That is the real reason they don't charge if you finish.

Kyle Ray said...

p.s. The possessive spelling for "its" is "its."